Looking for more image processing power? With CustomLogic, you can use your Euresys Coaxlink frame grabber to process and analyse images without loading the host CPU.
CustomLogic is an FPGA design kit enabling the design and upload of FPGA code to a Coaxlink board. It is compatible with the Coaxlink Octo and Coaxlink Quad CXP-12. Up to 70% of their Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale XCKU035 FPGA resources are available. The design phase uses the Xilinx Vivado development tools. CustomLogic is the ideal solution for full custom even proprietary code.
AT A GLANCE
• FPGA design kit enabling the design and upload of FPGA code to a Coaxlink board
• Supported by Xilinx Vivado development tool
• Compatible with Coaxlink Octo and Coaxlink Quad CXP-12: 70% of Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale XCKU035 FPGA resources available
• Access to CoaXPress camera pixel stream, on-board DDR4 memory and PCIe Gen3 connectivity
• Memento Event Logging messaging
The Data Stream interface is based on the AMBA AXI4-Stream protocol. On the source side, this interface provides the user logic with images acquired from a CoaXPress Device (for example a CoaXPress camera). On the destination side, the Data Stream interface transfers the resulting images/data generated by the user logic to the PCI Express DMA Back-End channel.
The DDR4 Memory interface is based on the AMBA AXI4 protocol.
The Memento Event interface allows the User Logic to send timestamped events to the Memento Logging tool with a precision of 1 μs. Along with the timestamped event, two 32-bit arguments are reported in Memento. The Control/Status interface allows the user to read and write registers inside the user logic via the Coaxlink Driver API.
The Coaxlink CustomLogic SDK is delivered with a reference design intended to be used as a template. The reference design exposes all interfaces available to the user. It is a Xilinx Vivado project with the following functional block diagram:
Using CustomLogic does not require any additional hardware. The 3613 JTAG Adapter Xilinx for Coaxlink (which can be purchased separately) allows connecting the Xilinx programmer to the Coaxlink FPGA for debugging purposes.
Please do not hesitate to contact your Euresys Sales Manager for further information.
Euresys Company Profile
Euresys is a leading and innovative high-tech company, designer and provider of image and video acquisition components, frame grabbers, FPGA IP cores and image processing software. Euresys is active in the computer vision, machine vision, factory automation, medical imaging and video surveillance markets.
The company’s image acquisition expertise covers analog and digital video acquisition, FPGA programming, high-frequency electronics, video compression and streaming, and also camera control. Recently strengthened by the acquisition of the company Sensor to Image, its 30 years of imaging know-how includes GigE Vision, USB3 Vision, CoaXPress, Camera Link and GenICam.
In terms of image analysis, Euresys’ skills apply to blob detection, sub-pixel measurement, pattern matching, color analysis, optical character recognition, barcode reading and verification, 3D inspection and classification using deep learning.
With R&D in Belgium and Germany, Euresys has sales and support offices in Europe, the US (California), Singapore, China (Shanghai) and Japan (Tokyo) as well as an extensive network of distributors throughout the world. Euresys is renowned for providing high quality solutions and premium support to OEMs and system integrators worldwide.
Euresys products include:
– A wide range of high-performance frame grabbers for CoaXPress, Camera Link, and non-standard analog image acquisition. These boards support image acquisition from the fastest and highest resolution cameras available in the market.
– Image processing and analysis software tools for defect detection, sub-pixel measurement, alignment, color analysis, optical character recognition, barcode reading and verification, 3D inspection and classification using deep learning.
– GigE Vision, CoaXPress and USB3 Vision IP cores for FPGAs. They minimize development time while offering high performance in a small footprint.
– Encoders for video streaming over IP, with HEVC (H.265) compression and encryption, for video-surveillance and security applications.
– Specific ruggedized PC/104 COTS boards designed for the most demanding industrial, security, transport or military embedded applications.
– A wide range of video converters, used to connect Camera Link or PAL/NTSC cameras to computers through the state-of-the-art CoaXPress, GigE Vision and USB3 Vision interfaces.
– SD (standard definition) and HD (high definition) video capture cards used in medical imaging, traffic control and high-end PC-based video surveillance applications.
– Customized hardware components and solutions for OEM vision applications.